The Key Guide to How Community Basketball Changes Lives
Can Basketball Really be the Key to a Better Life?
CBL Chief Commissioner Jamar Johnson gives an impassioned and provocative explanation how America’s most popular sport has the power to rebuild communities, rescue at-risk youth, and help build new businesses.
Through several compelling case studies, a detailed breakdown of basketball’s unique position in our communities, and a fascinating explanation of the economics of community basketball, Johnson shows just how powerful a tool basketball can be for positive change.
Inside this book you will learn:
• Just how big basketball really is in the United States
• Why recreational basketball is growing so fast
• The power of leagues in the community
• How community basketball gives youth and young adults positive influences
• The life lessons basketball teaches
• How community basketball influences businesses
• Why passion and opportunity must travel together
• And Much More
Buy the book, and follow the author on social media:
Learn more about the writer. Visit the Author’s Website.
Buy the Book On Amazon.
Jamar Johnson had one of the more remarkable three-year runs in Husker history, nearly reaching the 1,000 point plateau for his career. He scored 927 points, for an average of 10.7 per game. His best season came as a sophomore, when he averaged 11.2 points, grabbed 100 rebounds and handed out 130 assists. He shot 41.1 percent (39-of-95) from the three-point line as a sophomore. Johnson finished his career at No. 3 on the all-time assists chart (now No. 7).